Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An online community for mom's & mom's to be.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Breast vs Bottle

Go down 
+3
lil_miss_86
amy1stbaby
njeosys
7 posters
AuthorMessage
njeosys
njeosys

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-02-19

Breast vs Bottle Empty
PostSubject: Breast vs Bottle   Breast vs Bottle Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 3:16 pm

This is perhaps one of the greater debates in child rearing!

How do you feel about breastfeeding?
How do you feel about bottle-feeding?
Back to top Go down
http://sevenshadesofred.blogspot.com
amy1stbaby
amy1stbaby

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-02-18

Breast vs Bottle Empty
PostSubject: bottle/breast feeding   Breast vs Bottle Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 4:47 pm

I'm going to try my hardest at breast feeding.I don't see anything wrong with bottle,my mum bottle fed all 6 of us!!!Just think it's down to personal choice,and i think woman have a lot more 'freedom' to breastfeed now, and it's not such a taboo subject anymore! As long as 'Jack' gets his 1st feed (the most important)from me, i would be happy,but i'm gonna do it for as long as i can. But like i said, personal choice,some women don't feel comfortable with breast feeding which is fair enough. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lil_miss_86
lil_miss_86

Number of posts : 68

Breast vs Bottle Empty
PostSubject: Breast vs Bottle   Breast vs Bottle Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 7:43 pm

Personally I will be breastfeeding if I am able to for the fact that breast feed babies have a lower risk of getting sick and because it is a way that I can bond with my son. I know that both breast and bottle work as my sister has done both with her children. But I just want to give my son the best chance in life and I have been told that breastfeeding is the best. It has also come to my attention lately via the news that breastmilk has stem cells in it which helps the child develop still. In the end it is up to the mother whether she wants to breatfeed or use a bottle. Look into all the information first and see how you go. But the other thing is why would we produce milk for the baby if is wasn't any good for the baby.

Love Em
Back to top Go down
njeosys
njeosys

Breast vs Bottle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breast vs Bottle   Breast vs Bottle Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 2:09 am

You know what else is amazing about breastmilk?! It CHANGES to your baby's personal needs from feeding-to-feeding. I learned that from la leche league. It's like your BBs are in tuned with your baby's needs! AMAZING!

Anyway, to answer my own question, I did both! I nursed as long as I could and then switched to bottle feeding. My youngest still takes a bottle (11 months old).
Back to top Go down
AutumnLyfe
Active Baby Cycle User
Active Baby Cycle User
AutumnLyfe

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-02-20

Breast vs Bottle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breast vs Bottle   Breast vs Bottle Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 11:59 am

I breastfed my daughter for two years and fully intend on feeding the twins that same way as long as my body will allow. Goodbye perky boobies.....FOREVERRRRRRRR
Back to top Go down
njeosys
njeosys

Breast vs Bottle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breast vs Bottle   Breast vs Bottle Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 9:16 pm

Bwuahahahahahaha! Autumn, that cracked me up!!! At least the sacrifice is worth it, right?!
Back to top Go down
SamanthaSakda
Active Baby Cycle User
Active Baby Cycle User
SamanthaSakda

Number of posts : 22

Breast vs Bottle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breast vs Bottle   Breast vs Bottle Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 9:23 pm

I would breastfeed if my baby will let me, and store milk with a breast pump so he can get used to bottles. I dont know if that will work but i will try.
Back to top Go down
Krystena

Krystena

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-02-27

Breast vs Bottle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breast vs Bottle   Breast vs Bottle Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 1:54 pm

I guess I'm in the minority. I have bottle fed my first three and intend on doing the same with this one. I think breastfeeding is great for those women who can do it. But for me, I just don't feel right. It may seem weird for me to say that, but it is what it is. So, for those of you moms who can breastfeed - good choice. But for those of us who don't want to - don't feel bad and don't let anyone else make you feel that way, either. There is nothing wrong with bottlefeeding either. Either choice is fine... you just have to make up your mind which is for you.

Krystena
Back to top Go down
emazens
Active Baby Cycle User
Active Baby Cycle User
emazens

Breast vs Bottle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breast vs Bottle   Breast vs Bottle Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 8:20 pm

i'll breast feed for the first six-month or 1st year..
Back to top Go down
http://www.sweetema.multiply.com
Sponsored content

Breast vs Bottle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breast vs Bottle   Breast vs Bottle Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Breast vs Bottle
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Debate Forum-
Jump to: