Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An online community for mom's & mom's to be.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pregnancy weight gain

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
kamala

kamala

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-02-18

Pregnancy weight gain Empty
PostSubject: Pregnancy weight gain   Pregnancy weight gain Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 2:13 am

Hi all..

I need some opinion from you ladies out there. Currently i am 26 weeks pregnant. I had my doctor's appointment in week 24 and at that time, my little boy weighed 650g. My doctor told me that my baby is quite small, and usually babies weigh nearly 1kg around this time. And if i go at this rate, my baby's weight at birth will be around 2.something kg, and may not reach 3kg, which would make the task of feeding him and looking after him a bit difficult. I weighed 43kg prior to my pregnancy and i am now 50kg (i was 49kg during my last appointment). My height is 1.63m. I know i've been underweight but i have never been able to even go pass 50kg no matter how much i ate. My doctor said that it is okay to eat more and put on some weight but my problem is that i cannot eat more than what i am already eating. I try to eat as healthy as possible, and as frequent as possible, but i can't seem to put on the desired range of weight. And i really worry that this will affect my baby's growth. Crying or Very sad Is anyone else's baby in the same weight range as my baby? And is this weight normal?
Back to top Go down
emazens
Active Baby Cycle User
Active Baby Cycle User
emazens

Number of posts : 37

PostSubject: BMI   Pregnancy weight gain Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 2:47 am

Hi Kamala...

Me myself is just around 8 weeks.. So, I'm wishing you all the best out there.. But then, I tried to search from i-am-pregnant.com (link: http://www.i-am-pregnant.com/encyclopedia/W/Weight-Gain/), this is what i found,

BMI for your height (1.63m) and weight(43kg)

Pregnancy weight gain Bmi10
Back to top Go down
http://www.sweetema.multiply.com
lil_miss_86
lil_miss_86

Number of posts : 68

PostSubject: Pregnancy Weight Gain   Pregnancy weight gain Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 8:37 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm 22 weeks and 2 days today and as of my appointment with my doctor last week I have gained 7.5 kgs (16.5346 pounds, using a weight conversion off the net) during this pregnancy. My doctor wsaid that weight gain is prefect but I have to really watch it as 1 month I put on 4kgs but every other month I put on the right amount! Well I hope that everyone is well and taking care of themselves.

Love Em

Last edited by lil_miss_86 on Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kamala

kamala

PostSubject: thanks   Pregnancy weight gain Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 10:04 pm

dear emazens,

thanks alot for the reply. the graphs on recommended weight gain helps alot. i really hope i'll be able to put on some weight for my baby's sake. good luck with your pregnancy. experiencing morning sickness yet?
Back to top Go down
mommy2be242

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-02-19

PostSubject: My weight gain   Pregnancy weight gain Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 12:06 pm

I am 26 weeks now and I have gained about 12 pounds (about 26.4kg) and I have no clue if this is ok. My docs said because I was a little overweight before pregnancy I should only gain half a pound a week (1.1kg) but I was gaining twice that as of 5 weeks ago. I spoke with some other docs and they said I am fine and at this point I know I haven't been bigging out too much Smile and I don't eat much more than before I was pregnant so I think I am ok. I wouldn't stress so much about it if you know you are eating right and moving around.
Back to top Go down
Brown Eyed Gurl
Brown Eyed Gurl

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2008-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy weight gain   Pregnancy weight gain Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 12:25 pm

I'm 13 weeks 3 day pregnant with twins and so far have no wieght gain.....I gained 3 lost 4 but I definatly look pregnant.
Back to top Go down
emazens
Active Baby Cycle User
Active Baby Cycle User
emazens

PostSubject: *smile*   Pregnancy weight gain Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 8:47 pm

kamala wrote:
dear emazens,

thanks alot for the reply. the graphs on recommended weight gain helps alot. i really hope i'll be able to put on some weight for my baby's sake. good luck with your pregnancy. experiencing morning sickness yet?

gosh! i have night sickness!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
kamala

kamala

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy weight gain   Pregnancy weight gain Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 9:13 pm

ema... i had night sickness tooooo

in my first trimester, i used to be all fine in the mornings, but nausea starts somewhere in the evening. I used to throw up almost everytime after dinner. i found that drinking cold milk (with loads of ice) helped tremendously. Or even plain iced water would do. You'll feel worse when your stomach is empty, so keep munching something frequently ( i know it's easier said than done, but trust me, it helps). don't worry, it'll all go away soon without you realising it. good luck!!
Back to top Go down
emazens
Active Baby Cycle User
Active Baby Cycle User
emazens

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy weight gain   Pregnancy weight gain Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 12:34 am

Pregnancy weight gain 9

i'll make a glass of cold milk tonight!!! owh.. i really need guides on how to lessen my night-sickness... thank u thank u thank u... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy weight gain   Pregnancy weight gain Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pregnancy weight gain
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Second Trimester-
Jump to: