Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An online community for mom's & mom's to be.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

COMFORT IS A THING OF THE PAST!

Go down 
+2
waitn838
Crystin
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Crystin
Crystin

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2008-02-18

COMFORT IS A THING OF THE PAST! Empty
PostSubject: COMFORT IS A THING OF THE PAST!   COMFORT IS A THING OF THE PAST! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 10:47 am

I have not slept in 4 days... Shocked
I can't seem to get comfy. I have a Boppy full body pillow that I have been using, it helped the first night, but hasn't since. I can't even get comfy sitting up. I am so achey in the mornings that it's hard to "roll" out of bed.
Does anyone have any suggestions that might help me get back my much needed z's? Sleep
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crystinspace
waitn838
waitn838

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-02-19

PostSubject: Re: COMFORT IS A THING OF THE PAST!   COMFORT IS A THING OF THE PAST! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 11:44 am

i started using a body pillow and i love it...i sleep like a rock now Sleep
Back to top Go down
Crystin
Crystin

PostSubject: Re: COMFORT IS A THING OF THE PAST!   COMFORT IS A THING OF THE PAST! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 11:48 am

Really? any specific brand? the Boppy just seems too squishy...
Back to top Go down
waitn838
waitn838

PostSubject: Re: COMFORT IS A THING OF THE PAST!   COMFORT IS A THING OF THE PAST! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 12:17 pm

the only place i could find a body pillow that i liked was target... $17.99 and it was worth every penny Laughing
Back to top Go down
Crystin
Crystin

PostSubject: Re: COMFORT IS A THING OF THE PAST!   COMFORT IS A THING OF THE PAST! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 12:35 pm

Hmmm... I will have to take a look... I need SLEEP or I am going to morph out into an angry preggo lady and no one wants to see that! Laughing thanks for the suggestion!!
Back to top Go down
Brown Eyed Gurl
Brown Eyed Gurl

Number of posts : 61

PostSubject: Re: COMFORT IS A THING OF THE PAST!   COMFORT IS A THING OF THE PAST! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 1:49 pm

AMEN To that I still haven't broken down and got a body pillow but that's next....I'm already miserable.....my I have to roll from side to back to side.....like 50 times a night...LOL
Back to top Go down
Crystin
Crystin

PostSubject: Re: COMFORT IS A THING OF THE PAST!   COMFORT IS A THING OF THE PAST! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 1:56 pm

Yep, that's me...Left side to right side to back... to left side...over and over... When I get out of bed to go to the bathroom I am so sore already!! 17 more weeks...17 more weeks Razz
Back to top Go down
Brown Eyed Gurl
Brown Eyed Gurl

Number of posts : 61

PostSubject: Re: COMFORT IS A THING OF THE PAST!   COMFORT IS A THING OF THE PAST! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 2:05 pm

man I wish only 17 more weeks for me.....more like 18+ hoping more than 18 but Dr said anything after 32 weeks he wouldn't be suprised. affraid
Back to top Go down
waitn838
waitn838

PostSubject: Re: COMFORT IS A THING OF THE PAST!   COMFORT IS A THING OF THE PAST! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 2:06 pm

i love having a body pillow...i dont try to roll over nearly as much and i notice right away if i accidentally kick the pillow away....you ladies will sleep in a whole different way when you get one

theres one i think called the snoogle...its $40 and for 1/2 of that im completely satisfied Cool
Back to top Go down
mrsthomas2006

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-02-21

PostSubject: Re: COMFORT IS A THING OF THE PAST!   COMFORT IS A THING OF THE PAST! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 3:03 pm

Okay what's funny is I'm having the same comfort issues but I'm only 14 weeks..what the heck!!!
Back to top Go down
Crystin
Crystin

PostSubject: Re: COMFORT IS A THING OF THE PAST!   COMFORT IS A THING OF THE PAST! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 3:21 pm

I had trouble sleeping early on....but now it's like my tummy is getting bigger and everything shifts to side when I sleep... It's like a huge bowling ball is weighing me down but only on one side...It's awfully uncomfy Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
krystine

krystine

Number of posts : 14

PostSubject: Re: COMFORT IS A THING OF THE PAST!   COMFORT IS A THING OF THE PAST! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 3:39 pm

what about also putting a pillow between your legs for extra comfort and support, theres body pillows at babies 'r' us..a little on the pricy side but seem comfortable i havent gotten on though..yet tongue or propping up alot of pillows, my sis-in-law couldnt lay down she had to prop up pillows in a sort of sitting position to get to sleep
Back to top Go down
Crystin
Crystin

PostSubject: Re: COMFORT IS A THING OF THE PAST!   COMFORT IS A THING OF THE PAST! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 3:42 pm

I have a body pillow... It seems to be okay, but it's too squishy... Sad
I also tried a smaller pillow under my tummy last night... and that seemed to help alot...

Thanks for the suggestion... oh and what a pretty pic you have as your avatar! Cool
Back to top Go down
krystine

krystine

PostSubject: Re: COMFORT IS A THING OF THE PAST!   COMFORT IS A THING OF THE PAST! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 3:44 pm

thanks thats my favourite pic!
maybe try putting an extra pillow under your body pillow if its too squishy to support you
Back to top Go down
Crystin
Crystin

PostSubject: Re: COMFORT IS A THING OF THE PAST!   COMFORT IS A THING OF THE PAST! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 3:48 pm

I will try that tonight!
Back to top Go down
krystine

krystine

PostSubject: Re: COMFORT IS A THING OF THE PAST!   COMFORT IS A THING OF THE PAST! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 3:51 pm

hope it works for you! good luck! I love you
Back to top Go down
lil_miss_86
lil_miss_86

Number of posts : 68

PostSubject: Re: COMFORT IS A THING OF THE PAST!   COMFORT IS A THING OF THE PAST! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 5:49 am

I sleep with a pillow under my feet and one under my bump. But lately I have had difficulties getting to sleep before midnight for the past like 4 weeks and getting up between 6:30 and 7. It is starting to take a toll on me! Can anyone think of anything that can help me get to sleep?

I've tried a warm glass of milk, reading a novel, watching tv, laying in the dark with my eyes closed, my partner giving me a back rub.

I just don't know what else to try! And it's really starting to affect me! I have been getting really bad mood swings since I haven't been sleeping properly! My poor partner doesn't deserve it and it seems that he is having mood swings just s bad as me now!

Please send me some advice if you ave any!

Love Em
Back to top Go down
lil_miss_86
lil_miss_86

Number of posts : 68

PostSubject: Re: COMFORT IS A THING OF THE PAST!   COMFORT IS A THING OF THE PAST! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 7:21 pm

Well it's gotten worse, I still can't get to sleep before midnight but now i'm up 3 or 4 times getting drinks, going to the toilet and because my lil fella just wants to kick. I'm up by 7:30 and it's starting to take a toll on me. My partner is noticing that everything gets to me easier and he tries not to fit with me cose I don't stop til he says I'm right. I hate fighting with him. Yesterday it was over a damn cot, he told me to get whatever cot I wanted but I want him to choose aswell. I know he is trying but ARGH!!!!!

Well atleast the good thing with not sleeping, I see Corey's movemets hehe. He is no long playig games with his dad, he now kicks his dad's hand, just won't kick my hand or anyone else's hand. I think I have a daddy's boy!! lol!

Love Em I love you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: COMFORT IS A THING OF THE PAST!   COMFORT IS A THING OF THE PAST! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

COMFORT IS A THING OF THE PAST!
Page 1 of 1