Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An online community for mom's & mom's to be.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CIO or AP?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
njeosys
njeosys

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-02-19

CIO or AP? Empty
PostSubject: CIO or AP?   CIO or AP? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 3:19 pm

Okay, another one... I'll just keep posting subjects until we get some responses! I can't wait for this forum to be jam packed with poster!!!

Anyway, do you believe in letting a baby/child Cry It Out (CIO)? Or are you into Attachment Parenting (AP)?

CIO= a method of letting baby cry alone in crib to fall asleep
AP= a method of parenting that basically baby is attached to your hip 24/7 (usually)

If anyone has better descrips of these, please post them as well.
Back to top Go down
http://sevenshadesofred.blogspot.com
lil_miss_86
lil_miss_86

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2008-02-18

CIO or AP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: CIO or AP?   CIO or AP? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 7:51 pm

I don't believe in letting a newborn cry and cry, but if the child is say 9 months or older then yes I believe that you can not jump everytime that he or she cries. The child will get the feeling that he or she can get what they want everytime by crying. I have seen this with one of my nephews, he would cry til he got his way, but my sister did not help much there as soon as he cried she jumped up to get him whatever he wanted, now he is 9 this year and still believe that he just has to cry to get his way. I do not want my son to behave like this and I will be teaching my partner that you don't always jump for the child, there are different cries and we have to learn each one.

Love Em
Back to top Go down
AutumnLyfe
Active Baby Cycle User
Active Baby Cycle User
AutumnLyfe

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-02-20

CIO or AP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: CIO or AP?   CIO or AP? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 9:32 pm

I don't believe in either. I certainly never let Indigo CIO but then again I never "rushed" the minute she was crying either. If Indigo cried I could hear in her cry exactly what she needed: hungry, pain, wet, fussy and was able to do what was needed in order to make her feel comfortable. Their were times when nothing I did helped but I tried soothing her the best I could as her mother, who loved her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

CIO or AP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: CIO or AP?   CIO or AP? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CIO or AP?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Debate Forum-
Jump to: