Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An online community for mom's & mom's to be.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Would you abort if....

Go down 
+2
njeosys
Admin
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2008-02-17

Would you abort if.... Empty
PostSubject: Would you abort if....   Would you abort if.... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 12:35 pm

Would you abort if your unborn baby was born with some type of untreatable deformity? Why or why not?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ruttish
njeosys
njeosys

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Would you abort if....   Would you abort if.... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 11:23 pm

No, I would not abort due to a physical abnomaly because it is still a life. Who am I to pick and choose who lives and dies? If a child pours a bowl of boiling water over his head, leaving him scarred for life, would that mother kill him or let him die? No, she wouldn't. Because it is her baby and her obligation as a human being to preserve his life. The same is especially true for an unborn child! It couldn't help having a deformity, it wasn't their choice. No, I would keep my little one, and probably love them more for their imperfection.
Back to top Go down
http://sevenshadesofred.blogspot.com
Andromeda
Active Baby Cycle User
Active Baby Cycle User

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Would you abort if....   Would you abort if.... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 4:04 pm

What if you knew the baby would die a painful death within hours after being born?
Back to top Go down
cindy82
cindy82

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2008-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Would you abort if....   Would you abort if.... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 10:25 pm

i wouldnt and couldnt, it still murder to me and not up to me to make the choice of it dieing, even if something is wrong. would you kill a family member that had problems and was in pain, i imagine not. its all murder. it should be up to god when its time to go
Back to top Go down
Andromeda
Active Baby Cycle User
Active Baby Cycle User

PostSubject: Re: Would you abort if....   Would you abort if.... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 4:31 pm

cindy82 wrote:
i wouldnt and couldnt, it still murder to me and not up to me to make the choice of it dieing, even if something is wrong. would you kill a family member that had problems and was in pain, i imagine not. its all murder. it should be up to god when its time to go

If I knew far I had a chance to stop any suffering, I would do it. I would rather stop the development of the fetal brain and nervous system before consciousness, so that no pain could be felt, rather than let it develop and be born, only to suffer and die.

And, if a family member were terminally ill and suffering in agony, and begging me to end their life so their suffering would stop, and there was no other way to alleviate their pain, I would do it. I would also hope a family member would do it for me if I ever am in that situation.

God gave us our ability to develop technology so that we could ease the suffering of others.
Back to top Go down
krystine

krystine

Number of posts : 14

PostSubject: Re: Would you abort if....   Would you abort if.... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 6:08 pm

my fiance and i had a talk about this, if at our screening the baby has downsyndrome or another disability we said we would abort. Because we both dont feel its fair to that baby to be brought into the world with an illness like that. And seeing as this is our first [my first his second] it wouldnt be fair on us either with all the expenses of hospital care and so on. We would rather abort and try again hoping and praying for the best.
Back to top Go down
Andromeda
Active Baby Cycle User
Active Baby Cycle User

PostSubject: Re: Would you abort if....   Would you abort if.... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 2:38 am

Back to top Go down
Crystin
Crystin

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2008-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Would you abort if....   Would you abort if.... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 11:28 am

My husband I decided to not have the screening test when we were offered it at 18 weeks. We decided that no matter what...this child is a life we have created. We won't abort it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crystinspace
krystine

krystine

Number of posts : 14

PostSubject: Re: Would you abort if....   Would you abort if.... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 8:05 pm

it just doesnt seem fair to that child to be brought into the world with so much suffering to deal with and pain.
this world is a crule world too.
i wouldnt want that if i was carrying a child with a disability. it doesnt seem fair.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would you abort if....   Would you abort if.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Would you abort if....
Page 1 of 1