Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An online community for mom's & mom's to be.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

23 weeks Pregnant...and all the knowledge I can bestow...thus far!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Crystin
Crystin

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2008-02-18

23 weeks Pregnant...and all the knowledge I can bestow...thus far! Empty
PostSubject: 23 weeks Pregnant...and all the knowledge I can bestow...thus far!   23 weeks Pregnant...and all the knowledge I can bestow...thus far! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 5:21 pm

I am three weeks past the 1/2 way mark right now...

1) waddling is now part of your everyday

2) salsa, salsa, salsa

3) the nursery can't go up fast enough and the fact that it's NOT going up fast enough sends you into a whirl of fears, just KNOWING that your child is going to have to sleep on the floor for the first 2 weeks he's home...In all actuality, you still have 4 months, you have the crib and you are putting it up within the next week

4) Your butt, stomach, boobs, sides...oh...not to mention thighs, legs...every part of your body is now suseptible to stretch marks and that terrifies you morbidly! Palmer's Cocoa Butter promises "no stretch marks" but let's face it...your body has already exploded into astronomical proportions...what's stretch marks but war wounds really? You should have invested in Palmer's when you even had the inkling of creating a new life in your body!!

5) Seeing your feet was soooooo last Winter

6) If and when you find something that actually fits you...you suddenly revert into a 9000 lb whale...nothing feels right, your stomach looks too round...your legs too chicken like...in short you feel as though you are a spaghetti noodle with a meatball shoved in the center.

7) on a brighter side...you are proud of your now HUGE tummy and you want to show it off at every chance you get, although you fear the dreaded "OMG, how far along are you??" "are you having just ONE?" "can I touch it?" If you haven't experienced this little "gem" good luck... Exploding into a raging, crying, flailing preggo is not the answer... just answer back "No, I am having triplets" go along with this...you probably will never see them again anyway...especially if they just asked those idiotic questions or had the idea you were going to willingly allow a total stranger to caress your tummy and child.

8. Bending over + you = not happening...period

9) the idea of sex is alluring...but in reality, the thought of sex tires you...

10) If the food you are eating (salsa...mmmm) doesn't fall out of your mouth and hit your inflated chest...at least there is a big round shelf to catch it...plus side if you have white carpet or if you are a messy eater

11) You are nesting like no other, but you get going and unlike the energizer bunny, you don't keep going... You start with the bathroom and end in the same bathroom, 1/2 finished, 6 hours later, lying on the floor, hoping the hubby will come and rescue you...because, let's face it, you can't get up.

12) Feet get fat and more than likely will stay fat. deal with it

13) Your child, now the size of a spaghetti squash (seriously, I don't know why they use food to describe the size of your baby...squash doesn't even sound good) has been using your kidneys, bladder, lungs, ribs, stomach, leaderhosen... as punching bags... every square inch of your inards are his new gym and he is working out double time

14) Your world revolves around "what's for dinner" once hubby's figure it out, have it on the table waiting when you get home, just the way you want, maybe some candlelight and a foot massage, you (and he) will be happier.

15) once you master the "sneeze and pee", "puke and pee", "move and pee" "laugh and pee", "look and pee", "shift and pee" or any other variation you are officially 1/2 way there!

Congrats!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crystinspace
waitn838
waitn838

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-02-19

PostSubject: Re: 23 weeks Pregnant...and all the knowledge I can bestow...thus far!   23 weeks Pregnant...and all the knowledge I can bestow...thus far! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 5:23 pm

those def made me chuckle and im getting there...by the end of next month...but some of those things im already experiencing...especially the sneezing

its like sneeze......gotta pee now...get out of my way lol!
Back to top Go down
Crystin
Crystin

PostSubject: Re: 23 weeks Pregnant...and all the knowledge I can bestow...thus far!   23 weeks Pregnant...and all the knowledge I can bestow...thus far! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 5:24 pm

word of advice: always carry an extra pair of panties... it just HAPPENS...like overnight...you and your bladder are on the same page and WHAM... you are like a leaking balloon...
17 more weeks!! Smile
Back to top Go down
waitn838
waitn838

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-02-19

PostSubject: Re: 23 weeks Pregnant...and all the knowledge I can bestow...thus far!   23 weeks Pregnant...and all the knowledge I can bestow...thus far! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 5:44 pm

when you put it into terms of 17 more weeks...i sit and think wow im already 13 weeks almost 14 and the time is flying by...wow

i cant wait
Back to top Go down
Crystin
Crystin

PostSubject: Re: 23 weeks Pregnant...and all the knowledge I can bestow...thus far!   23 weeks Pregnant...and all the knowledge I can bestow...thus far! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 5:49 pm

Time has flown.... I can't wait to meet this little guy!!
Razz
Back to top Go down
lil_miss_86
lil_miss_86

Number of posts : 68

PostSubject: Re: 23 weeks Pregnant...and all the knowledge I can bestow...thus far!   23 weeks Pregnant...and all the knowledge I can bestow...thus far! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 11:23 pm

I'm only 22 weeks and 4 days now but I have been getting most of what you said through the whole pregnancy! Im getting really sick of the "can I touch it?" question. It's still my body, I don't like to be touched by bloody strangers! Oh and the "are you sure there is only one in there?" question, I laugh at them now and go, well there are also my organs and the fluid bub floats in, oh and there has to be room for him to move! Or i just say, atleast I have a reason for being big, whats your excuse, I know it's nasty but I'm sick of people sayng I must be fat when I say there is only one! I can't wait to see my boy's lil face! 17weeks and 3 days to go! but i'm not counting lol

Love EM
Back to top Go down
Crystin
Crystin

PostSubject: Re: 23 weeks Pregnant...and all the knowledge I can bestow...thus far!   23 weeks Pregnant...and all the knowledge I can bestow...thus far! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 10:14 am

The "are you sure it's just one" question is sooo old. Neutral Who honestly thinks that's okay to ask! of course I am sure!! lol
Yeah, we have 17 weeks too.
We are so ready!
Back to top Go down
SamanthaSakda
Active Baby Cycle User
Active Baby Cycle User
SamanthaSakda

Number of posts : 22

PostSubject: Re: 23 weeks Pregnant...and all the knowledge I can bestow...thus far!   23 weeks Pregnant...and all the knowledge I can bestow...thus far! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 3:45 pm

u girls are still lucky, i got some comments from some friends back home like "Oh my god u're TOO FAT!" and "Oh! only one baby? i thought u had TWINS!" i've never been a slim person to begin with, and m 23weeks now, how do they expect me to be thin all of a sudden. it's killing me!
Back to top Go down
Crystin
Crystin

PostSubject: Re: 23 weeks Pregnant...and all the knowledge I can bestow...thus far!   23 weeks Pregnant...and all the knowledge I can bestow...thus far! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 4:07 pm

That's horrible of them to say that! Sad Don't listen to them... Pregnancy is the time to gain weight! If you doc says you are fine, you are fine! Smile
Back to top Go down
SamanthaSakda
Active Baby Cycle User
Active Baby Cycle User
SamanthaSakda

PostSubject: Re: 23 weeks Pregnant...and all the knowledge I can bestow...thus far!   23 weeks Pregnant...and all the knowledge I can bestow...thus far! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 8:42 pm

I know it's so terrible how they can't empathize with us just for a little bit.
So we have to to forget about them and do whatever is best for the baby.
Back to top Go down
SamanthaSakda
Active Baby Cycle User
Active Baby Cycle User
SamanthaSakda

PostSubject: Re: 23 weeks Pregnant...and all the knowledge I can bestow...thus far!   23 weeks Pregnant...and all the knowledge I can bestow...thus far! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 8:44 pm

"15) once you master the "sneeze and pee", "puke and pee", "move and pee" "laugh and pee", "look and pee", "shift and pee" or any other variation you are officially 1/2 way there! "

THAT IS SO TRUE!! Laughing That's what happens to me!
Back to top Go down
Whitters
Active Baby Cycle User
Active Baby Cycle User
Whitters

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: 23 weeks Pregnant...and all the knowledge I can bestow...thus far!   23 weeks Pregnant...and all the knowledge I can bestow...thus far! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 9:53 pm

Wow, I just read the first entry in this section and started laughing....and simultaneously peeing haha
SOOOOO true! I'm 25 weeks now, and every single thing on that list is true for me right now!!
AAAH the joys of pregnancy (:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 23 weeks Pregnant...and all the knowledge I can bestow...thus far!   23 weeks Pregnant...and all the knowledge I can bestow...thus far! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

23 weeks Pregnant...and all the knowledge I can bestow...thus far!
Page 1 of 1