Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An online community for mom's & mom's to be.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Circumcision

Go down 
+4
AutumnLyfe
lil_miss_86
waitn838
Admin
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2008-02-17

Circumcision Empty
PostSubject: Circumcision   Circumcision Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 5:20 pm

Are you planning on circumcising your son or already have? What are your opinions on this? If you chose to circumcise your son what was your reason behind it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ruttish
waitn838
waitn838

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-02-19

Circumcision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Circumcision   Circumcision Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 5:27 pm

with my first son he was circumsized and i dont regret it at all...i felt guilty a bit but he'll thank me for it later flower

im not sure what im having this time but for sure if it was a boy i would have him circumsized again....my bf is not circumsized and its just weird

maybe for me i dont know many males that arent circumsized anymore...then again it could be just me
Back to top Go down
lil_miss_86
lil_miss_86

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2008-02-18

Circumcision Empty
PostSubject: Circumsized   Circumcision Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 7:16 pm

I'm having a boy and I'm against having him circumsized unless there is a medical reason for it, well since I'm not jewish it's not my relgion. God put us on earth like that, if he did not want the skin to remain there he wouldn't have put it there, sure it means you have to be twice as careful and you have to clean under it but I don't want "Corey" to have an operation he doesn't need, besides that his dad would kill me. Hope everyone is well!

Love Em
Back to top Go down
AutumnLyfe
Active Baby Cycle User
Active Baby Cycle User
AutumnLyfe

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-02-20

Circumcision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Circumcision   Circumcision Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 10:41 pm

I am doing it and I will explain why. May be valid and may not be but for the record I want you to all know that I am all about all natural and keeping what the good Lord gave us HOWEVER.....I had a boyfriend who was not circumcised and I will have to tell you now, it wasn't pretty and it wasn't exactly ummmm oral worthy! I don't want my sons to be left out later in life Smile I am sure some or MOST are very clean and well looked after but from that experience alone, has convinced me. My other: I certainly don't want my boys to look at their daddy "by chance" and wonder why theirs seems to be different. Maybe that excuse is lame and neither here nor there but none the less, it's how I feel. My little brother isn't circumcised either and wishes he was.

I have heard that it takes away from feeling and I am taking that into consideration and thinking about all the prospects.
Back to top Go down
njeosys
njeosys

Number of posts : 37

Circumcision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Circumcision   Circumcision Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 11:27 pm

I find it very interesting that many people stated "God gave him that, so we won't mess with it". There is a reason God put a foreskin on there, but I will not elaborate unless asked.

If I had a son, I would have him circumsized. The chances of cancers, infections, STDs goes down because there isn't skin there to help breed those bacterias. I am not Jewish, but I am a Christian and believe circumsision is cleaner and my hubby is circumsized. I've seen pics of uncircumsized persons and it's just NOT my thing!
Back to top Go down
http://sevenshadesofred.blogspot.com
lil_miss_86
lil_miss_86

Number of posts : 68

Circumcision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Circumcision   Circumcision Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 5:05 am

Well as I have already stated, unless there is a medical reason, Corey shall remain whole. This is not just my wish but my partners as well. He is uncircumcised and he is prefectly healthy and happy! But it is up to the mother and the father in the end and I couldn't not have Corey circumcised without my partners approval. Plus no male in my family is circumcised and not one has a problem down there that I know of. But if a medical reason arises then yes, but until then no. It is also very hard to find a doctor that is will to preform a circumcision without there being something medically wrong here in Australia.

Love Em
Back to top Go down
Brown Eyed Gurl
Brown Eyed Gurl

Number of posts : 61

Circumcision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Circumcision   Circumcision Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 8:40 am

If I end up with a boy or two I will definatly get him circumcied.....my reason being this.....For one every man I've known that's talked about not being said it was a mistake and they with is was done.....alot more sanitary problems.....another reason is it says for you to be in the bible.....
Back to top Go down
AutumnLyfe
Active Baby Cycle User
Active Baby Cycle User
AutumnLyfe

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-02-20

Circumcision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Circumcision   Circumcision Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 11:51 am

njeosys wrote:
I find it very interesting that many people stated "God gave him that, so we won't mess with it". There is a reason God put a foreskin on there, but I will not elaborate unless asked.

If I had a son, I would have him circumsized. The chances of cancers, infections, STDs goes down because there isn't skin there to help breed those bacterias. I am not Jewish, but I am a Christian and believe circumsision is cleaner and my hubby is circumsized. I've seen pics of uncircumsized persons and it's just NOT my thing!

I wanna hear why Smile
Back to top Go down
njeosys
njeosys

Number of posts : 37

Circumcision Empty
PostSubject: Disclaimer: Christian view of circumsision, not meant to be an argument   Circumcision Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 3:13 pm

In response to Autumn asking why! In the Bible the Gentiles (ungodly people) were uncircumsized. God required priests and for Godly men to become circumsized to "cut themselves off from the world". This was a part of the "Old Law" or Old Testament.

Also, not only did Jesus come to die for sin, but He came to set an example of holy living:
"And when eight days had passed, before His circumcision, His name was then called Jesus, the name given by the angel before He was conceived in the womb." Luke 2:21

1 Cor. 7:19 talks about circumsision being nothing. Meaning that if someone were to believe in God and he's uncircumsized, it doesn't matter. Basically, "Come as you are!" So if a parent decided to not circumsize at birth, as a man, he doesn't have to be as a "REQUIREMENT" of Christianity. It's a choice.

If Jesus Himself was circumsized, that alone is reason enough for me. I'm not trying to start a religious debate, just present the facts from a Christian point of view. So to circumsize or not is cool with me, but as a personal choice I'd circumsize.

So recap: Old Testament required it of Godly men because it was like a sacrifice and a requirement. But when Jesus came a new covenant (aka New Testament) was put in place when He died and rose again HE Himself was the blood offering and sacrifice and there no longer needs to be a circumcision. It becomes personal choice.

This is what I got from a quick study of it. I don't know if you're Christian or not, but there are some verses. This has definitely opened my eyes to see that it's not as big a deal as I previously thought. But if someone has more info on this, I'm interested!
Back to top Go down
http://sevenshadesofred.blogspot.com
cindy82
cindy82

Number of posts : 31

Circumcision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Circumcision   Circumcision Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 12:05 pm

i had wished i had gotten my boys done, there father wouldnt let me. i did my best at keeping it clean and pulled back, both still ended up haveing problems and still do. its hard to make a 7 yr old understand to make sure its pulled back and clean it when there finished pottying. i have went over it over and over and showed both my boys what to do, they get in a big hurry and never even think about it. i even dated a guy that didnt have it done and it was nothing but problems for him, it was even halfway grown up!! if i ever have another boy i definatly will get it done. its more sanitary and easer on the child
Back to top Go down
Andromeda
Active Baby Cycle User
Active Baby Cycle User

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-02-21

Circumcision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Circumcision   Circumcision Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 4:40 pm

njeosys wrote:

If Jesus Himself was circumsized, that alone is reason enough for me. I'm not trying to start a religious debate, just present the facts from a Christian point of view. So to circumsize or not is cool with me, but as a personal choice I'd circumsize.

Jesus was Jewish, so of course his parents had him circumcised.
Back to top Go down
Andromeda
Active Baby Cycle User
Active Baby Cycle User

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-02-21

Circumcision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Circumcision   Circumcision Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 4:43 pm

There is no reason why a man cannot get circumcised when he is an adult. Many men have this done. To do it shortly after birth is extremely cruel. It is excruciatingly painful.

Circumcision was done initially to stop men from masturbating, to make sex less pleasurable, and also to make sex less pleasurable for women.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Circumcision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Circumcision   Circumcision Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Circumcision
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Debate Forum-
Jump to: